Monday, December 7, 2015

Interactive Poster

Identify the Problem
We have to build an interactive poster that can teach the viewers something. To make this poster, we have an arduino board, 5 LED's, and at least one capacitance touch sensor.
Research
While I'm making my interactive poster, I can use what I have already learned to make it better. For example I can make the LED's blink and fade. While I'm making the poster, I can also use some other designs people have made to inspire my design. For example in the poster below, a person can touch the button on the board and music will start playing. Instead of playing music, my poster will turn on my LED's or make them blink.

Brainstorm
Below are the ideas I made for my poster.
Plan
The picture above shows what our poster will look like (Partner: Liam ODonnel). There will be 3 LEDs in the stoplight. The color of the LED's will be green, red, and yellow. When there is no one near the sensor(car), the green LED will be on. When there is someone near the sensor, the yellow LED will turn on. When someone is touching the sensor, the red LED will turn on.
Build
The picture above shows the sensor before we put the picture on.
The picture above shows our poster with the sensor.
The picture above shows what our poster looks like (from the back) with the LEDs.
 The picture above shows what the back of out poster looked like when we connected our ground wires.
The picture above shows what the back of our poster looked like when we extended the positive wires (and gave it a tag).
Final

video
The video above shows what our project looked like after we inserted the code. The code we used for the poster is below.
 #include <CapacitiveSensor.h>

int yellow = 11;
int red = 13;
int green = 12;

CapacitiveSensor cs_4_2 = CapacitiveSensor(4,2);

void setup()
{
 cs_4_2.set_CS_AutocaL_Millis(0xFFFFFFF);
 Serial.begin(9600);
 pinMode(green,OUTPUT);
 pinMode(yellow,OUTPUT);
 pinMode(red,OUTPUT);
 
}

void loop ()
{
 long start=millis();
 long totall= cs_4_2.capacitiveSensor(30);
 Serial.print(millis() - start);
 Serial.print("\t");
 Serial.println(totall);
 delay(10);
 if(totall>300) {
   digitalWrite(yellow,HIGH);
   digitalWrite(green,LOW);
     delay(4500);
    digitalWrite(red,HIGH);
   digitalWrite(yellow,LOW);
     delay(6000);
   }  //if  
 else{
   digitalWrite(red,LOW);
   digitalWrite(yellow,LOW);
   digitalWrite(green,HIGH);
 }//else
}//void loop

Reflection
What I like about our interactive poster is that it works just like a real streetlight. However I feel like we could've made the poster cooler if we added bottle caps on the lights. That way it would look more blended and less blinding. I think that an arduino and one capacitive sensor can be used like a light switch. For example when you want to turn the light on, you would touch the sensor turning it on. Then you would turn it off by touching the sensor again.

No comments:

Post a Comment